Food Network celebrity chef Tyler Florence has a new cookbook on bookstore shelves this week. It's a huge, gorgeous book showcasing page after page of seductive food photography. It's almost too pretty to use as a cookbook, yet Florence's recipes are as equally tempting as the images!
The vibrant colors of the enticing food leaps off the pages. The beets and strawberries are as red as you've ever seen, as are the lush greens of the asparagus and key lime pie. You have to see it to believe it!
Don't forget the upcoming Tyler Florence Cookbook signings: See the articles, 'Tyler Florence Fresh' cookbook review: Celebrity chef's book signings scheduled, and also Food Network chef plans 'Tyler Florence Fresh' cookbook signing Providence, R.I. for more details and locations.
See Blog Post Part 1: FOOD NETWORK Celebrity Chef Book Signing 'TYLER FLORENCE FRESH'
- 2 heads cauliflower (preferably different colors)
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Olive oil, for frying
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 oil-packed anchovy fillets, finely minced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon salt-packed capers, rinsed and drained
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves only
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- ½ lemon
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Roast the cauliflower. Preheat the oven to 450°F. Remove the green leaves from the cauliflower and reserve. Cut the cauliflower heads in half, then into bite-size florets. Cut the stalks into bite-size pieces also. Place the florets and stalk pieces in a roasting pan, and drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast until golden and tender, about 20 minutes. Transfer to a platter lined with paper towels to drain.
- Make the garlic chips. Pour ¼ inch of oil into a small saucepan. Add the garlic and set the pan over medium heat. Heat the oil until the chips are golden and crisp, about 1 minute. Drain on paper towels and set aside.
- Make the anchovy sauce. Set a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil and fry the anchovies, garlic, capers, and thyme, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up the anchovies and infuse the oil. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, until fragrant. Add the cream and Parmesan, and bring to a simmer. Just before serving, add the roasted cauliflower pieces and fold in the reserved leaves. Finish with a squeeze of lemon juice, and top with the fried garlic chips, cracked black pepper, and shaved Parmesan.
- Serves 4 to 6
"TYLER FLORENCE FRESH"
By Tyler Florence
On Sale: December 4, 2012
CONTEST ALERT: Tyler Florence’s Ultimate Food & Wine Experience Competition. Five lucky home chefs from around the country will have a chance to win a trip to California including a dinner at Wayfare Tavern in San Francisco, a tour of the Michael Mondavi Estate in renowned Napa Valley, followed by a personal cooking class with Chef Florence at his West Coast Kitchen Essentials shop in Mill Valley, closing the day with dinner just up the road at El Paseo.
This one-of-a-kind trip includes hotel accommodations, roundtrip airfare to and from San Francisco and all ground transportation.
“I’m excited to try your recipes that pair with my Cabernet Sauvignon and Sauvignon Blanc. It’s inspiring to think about the different flavors and regions you’ll share with me in your dishes,” said Florence. “And then, it’s our turn — myself and Rob Mondavi Jr. will host the winners for a tour around Northern California to see what inspires us with local fresh ingredients, winemaking styles, and even meals with our own families.”
contest celebrates that Tyler Florence Wines and TF Limited-production
Wines are now available nationally in retail stores, restaurants and
online. For the first time, wine and food lovers all across America will
have the opportunity to try these wines from the world-famous Napa
Valley region with their own favorite dishes.
To enter, contestants will upload one original recipe that pairs well with either Tyler Florence Cabernet Sauvignon or Sauvignon Blanc by December 31, 2012. Once the voting phase begins, entries will be shared via Facebook and Twitter, and fans and followers alike will vote for the top 20 entries (10 for Cabernet Sauvignon and 10 for Sauvignon Blanc) online at www.TylerFlorenceWines.com. Entries that receive the most votes will be judged by Chef Tyler Florence, who will pick five grand prize winners for the Tyler Florence Ultimate Food & Wine Experience. The grand prize trip takes place in March 2013.
Hopefuls may enter more than once, but only one winner will be selected per household. Links to Tyler Florence Wines’ can be found on Twitter at @TylerFlorence and @TFWines and be used to encourage a great number of votes.
To participate, consumers must submit their original recipe online to the contest page on www.TylerFlorenceWines.com by December 31, 2012, where their recipe must earn the popular vote using social media to encourage friends and family to vote for them. Of the top 20 recipes, Tyler will personally select the top five recipes and name them a grand prize winner complete with a personal phone call!
“NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID IN CA & TN AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. COMPLETE CONTEST RULES AVAILABLE ON WWW.TYLERFLORENCEWINES.COM”
Photo Credits and Recipe: Permission granted by Clarkson Potter Publishers