SUPER BOWL 2012 RECIPES are going into overtime today! Fans want the BEST Chili Recipes, Seven Layer Dip Recipe, Buffalo Chicken Dip and Guacamole for the New England Patriots vs. New York Giants football game on February 5, 2012. Go Patriots!
7 Layer Mexican Dip Recipe
- 1 - 15 ounce can black beans, drained well
- 1/2 cup salsa, your choice
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 1 cup cheddar and/or mozzarella cheese
- 2 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 - 15 ounce can pitted black olives, drained and halved
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno or red chili pepper, seeded and finely chopped, optional
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
Directions: How To Make a 7 Layered Mexican Dip
- Mix black beans, salsa and 2 Tbsp cilantro together in a small bowl. Turn out into a pretty rimmed platter.
- Carefully spread sour cream over the top of the beans using an off-set spatula or rubber spatula, leaving some of the beans showing.
- Layer the avocados, cheese, tomatoes, olives, red onion and optional jalapeno, one on top of each other, leaving a bit of the layer underneath showing. Finally, sprinkle the remaining cilantro over the top.
- Serve with tortilla chips, pita wedges or on top of a salad.
Beef Touchdown Taco Salad Recipe
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 2 cups kidney beans, cooked or canned
- 6 cups Romaine lettuce, or a combination of green leaf
- 1 - 15 ounce can black olives, halved
- 1/4 cup green chilis, chopped
- 3/4 cup cheddar and/or mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 cup salsa, your choice
- 8 ounce bag tortilla chips
Directions: How To Make Taco Salad
- Brown ground beef in a skillet until cooked through. Drain off fat and stir in taco seasoning. Set aside to cool.
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl and toss.
- Pour salsa over the top and mix in.
- Just before serving, stir in cool hamburger and tortilla chips.
- Best eaten the same day. Refrigerate leftovers.
- Serves 8-10 as a salad. Serves 6 as a main dish salad.
Best Super Bowl Food: Easy Holy Guacamole Recipe
- 2 large ripe avocados, peeled and seeded
- 1 Tablespoon Bragg's Liquid Aminos, soy sauce or tamari
- 1 to 2 Tablespoons Mrs Dash or McCormick's Garlic & Herb" seasoning
- 1/4 cup onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup fleshy tomatoes like Roma, coarsely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup mayo, optional
- 1/4 cup favorite Italian or Sweet & Sour dressing, optional
Directions: How To Make Easy Guacamole
- Blend avocados, Bragg's or soy sauce and Mrs Dash in high-speed blender until creamy.
- Gently fold in onions, celery, cucumber, tomatoes and cilantro.
- Serve with tortilla chips or alongside a veggie platter. Cover tightly and refrigerate any leftovers.
Super Bowl Chili recipes
- My Very Own Vegetarian Chili
- Ina Garten's Chicken Chili
- Paula Deen's White Bean Super Bowl Chili Recipe