Penguin Publishing is giving away five (5) of my new vegan baking cookbooks, "The Complete Idiot's Guide to Vegan Baking" by Donna Diegel—that would be me! In order to give the books away, we'd love to invite everyone to a Live Tweet Chat, Thursday, July 7th at 3:00pm ET/2:00pm CT. Don't worry! You don't have to be vegan to enter this giveaway.
From “The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Vegan Baking” Cookbook
“The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Vegan Baking” was published by the Penguin Publishing Group and Alpha Books in April, 2011. The book has over 160 recipes, and is available in either print or the Kindle version. (We'll be giving away the print version.) Whether your interest in a vegan lifestyle is to save the animals, your health, or the environment, your dedication to veganism doesn’t have to include boring food. From whole-grain yeast breads, to extra-creamy “cheesecakes,” and everything in between, this cookbook was designed to complete your culinary adventure into vegan living. All made with 100% animal-free products, “The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Vegan Baking” will have you saying, “I can’t believe it’s vegan!”
Actually, you don't have to be vegan to use this book at all. Most of the recipes can be adapted to use non-vegan products, or to go semi-vegan. If you're not ready to go all the way, use a few eggs when it calls for egg-replacer. Use whole milk when the recipe calls for soy milk. You get the picture! This way you can ease into vegan baking, but still get the benefits of whole grain, fiber-rich ingredients when making your Blueberry Muffins.
How To Enter the Cookbook Giveaway!
- Become a friend and like “The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Vegan Baking” Facebook Page to stay current with the Tweet Chat updates and future giveaways, recipes, and photos.
- The 5-book giveaway begins NOW! The giveaway ends Thursday, July 7, 2011 at midnight ET. I'm running the giveaway until midnight to give everyone a chance to enter after the Tweet Chat!
- First, you'll need to leave a comment here on this blog post. If you'll be attending the 45-minute Live Tweet Chat on Thursday, July 7th, please let us know, and make sure to include what your Twitter name is in your comment so we'll know to look for you.
- In order for us to know who won, you'll need to include your name in the comment or in your link and make sure we can get in touch with you somehow.
- Only one entry per person, only one book per winner (we can check these things).
- Only U.S. and Canada residents are eligible to enter.
- The five cookbooks will be given away using a random generator. I'll post the winners here Saturday, July 9th. They will be shipped directly from the publisher, so if you're one of the lucky winners, they'll need your name, mailing address, etc.
On the Day of the Tweet Chat...
- Log into Twitter around 2:55pm ET on Thursday July 7th.
- Search #AskCIG on Twitter and include #AskCIG to join the conversation!
- When you log in, tell us who you are, or your Twitter name.
- The Tweet Chat will last 45 minutes, and will be a Question & Answers type of format.
*** IMPORTANT NOTICE: You don't have to have a Twitter account to leave a comment on this blog post to win the book. While we'd LOVE to have you join us at the Tweet Chat, we recognize that not everyone Tweets! Sooooo, please feel free to enter the cookbook giveaway now!
Please let your friends know about the Tweet Chat, and the book giveaway. We'd LOVE to see tons of people there!
The retail value of the book is $16.95.