Bertolli emailed me a few days ago asking if I was interested in hosting an at-home Food and Wine Pairing Party. Of course I would! I love food and wine - hence the blog name, Spatulas & Corkscrews. This giveaway was made for me! I emailed her as soon as I could wrap my head around it. You see, Bertolli was offering to overnight me a package worth $175.00. Yes, you read that right! So I quickly emailed them and said, "Yes, Yes, YES! Send me your Food and Wine Pairing Kit!" Emily, the sweet girl from Bertolli, emailed me right back with some instructions, and told me to expect the package the very next day.
I was busy writing all day (did you know I'm writing The Complete Idiot's Guide to Vegan Baking for Penguin Publishing?), and thought about the package on and off, thinking... is this real? $175.00 worth of goodies from Bertolli? I saw the Fed Ex truck come into the marina and ran into the office. I could not believe how BIG that box was! I had trouble getting it down the steps and into the car. Did I say the box was BIG?
When I opened it, I was stunned. In the Food and Wine Pairing Party kit were:
- VIP coupons for four Bertolli Frozen Meals for two that will transport you to Italy in just 10 minutes: I have yet to go shopping for them as I just got the box this afternoon.
- Two, CB2 Verona Pasta Serving Bowls: BIG, BIG, BIG Beautiful White Pasta Serving Bowls!
- Four, Crate & Barrel Rotate Plates: Four cute square and stylish white plates to match the bowls.
- Crate & Barrel Marble Wine Chiller: This wine chiller is really nice. I've always wanted one, but never bought one for myself.
- Crate & Barrel Wine Decanter: Another beautifully elegant item I never thought to buy for myself. I can't wait to use it!
- Bertolli Wine Pairing Guide and $50 of gift cards to purchase wines complimentary to the meals: Who sends a $50.00 Visa card to a freelance writer and blogger to buy wine with? I was blown away with Bertolli's generosity. A classy company indeed! I already have the wine in mind I want to purchase. Marc the Wine Guy at People's Liquor Warehouse in Warwick, R.I. will help me choose just the right wine if I'm not thinking clearly.
Introducing "Into the Heart of Italy" Webisodes
Soooo, it's off to the grocery store and liquor store to redeem my coupons. Next, I'll be excited to invite a few choice guests to have a 'Heart of Italy Food & Wine Pairing Party' with. Good thing we're house sitting and can spread out!
- Here's the deal. Bertolli wants me to have a GIVEAWAY for an identical 'Into the Heart of Italy' Food & Wine Pairing Kit.
- One BIG prize worth $175.00 to one lucky reader. They'll drop ship the box right to your doorstep for you. Then, you can have your own Food & Wine Pairing Party. Give it lots of BUZZ for them, take pictures, blog the wine and food party for them, they're a generous company!
- All entries for the giveaway must be located in the United States. They cannot ship outside the U.S.
- Watch the video carefully, you'll have to answer the episode’s clue.
- In your comment, tell me what was your favorite scene in the video?
- Don't forget the clue!
- Make sure I know how to get in touch with you should you win.
- The giveaway starts now, and will end on Tuesday, June 1, 2010 at midnight EST.
"Into the Heart of Italy" Webisode #5
In this episode, celebrity chef Rocco DiSpirito and actors Marisa Tomei and Dan Cortese explore Italian wine cellars, learn how to taste wine, visit Montepulciano and prepare Chicken Marsala. But you don’t need to search a wine cellar to enjoy the authentic taste of a slow-simmered wine sauce in your Chicken Marsala. With Bertolli Frozen meals you’re just minutes away from a luscious Italian experience in the comfort of your own home.