Celebrate World Nutella Day 2010 with this over-the-top, sinfully rich, ooey-gooey Nutella Chocolate Hot Fudge Pudding Cake. Awesome with fresh whipped cream and melted Nutella drizzle. Why not splurge this weekend? Throw this easy-peasy chocolate dessert recipe together in 10 minutes. Then let the oven do the rest of the work!
WORLD NUTELLA DAY 2010
A word from our sponsors :-) "Sara from Ms. Adventures in Italy and Michelle from Bleeding Espresso (and Shelley from At Home in Rome, in spirit) solemnly declare Friday, February 5th “World Nutella Day 2010″ – a day to celebrate, to get creative with, and most importantly, to EAT Nutella."
Check out the article I did last year for World Nutella Day 2009 Recipes.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 Tablespoons cocoa
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup room temperature Nutella
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1 3/4 cups hot water
- 1/4 cup Nutella
How To Make Hot Fudge Pudding Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray 8" X 8" baking dish with vegetable spray.
- In a medium size bowl, mix flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and 2 Tbsp cocoa.
- Stir in milk, oil and 1/4 cup Nutella. Spread in the baking dish. It will be very thick. You may have to use a spatula to spread it.
- Mix brown sugar and 1/4 cup cocoa in the empty bowl, and sprinkle it evenly over batter.
- Measure hot water in a 2 cup measuring cup. Add remaining 1/4 cup Nutella and stir to dissolve. Pour hot Nutella water over batter very slowly, so as not to disturb the batter. DO NOT STIR IN. Let the water sit on top in a puddle. This is where you'll think I've lost my mind, and got the recipe wrong. The water seeps into the cake as it's baking and magically makes the Nutella pudding!
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes. Do not over bake. It will be jiggly and set up as it cools.
- Serve warm or cool with sweetened whipped cream or vanilla ice cream. Make sure to drizzle some extra melted Nutella over the top.
- Serves 6.