Here's my second startcooking.com article - How To Cook With Snow Peas. It's been a lot of fun writing these How-To articles for startcooking.com. Started by former Home Ec teacher Kathy Maister, the site targets new cooks just starting out and busy cooks that never had the time to learn how to cook. In this post, I explain what snow peas are, how to choose snow peas, how to prepare snow peas and finally, I give 10 plus links to more recipes and ways to use snow peas. Did I mention this article was about snow peas?
There are links to recipes for:
- Butterhead Lettuce with Spring Radishes and Peas
- Sun Dried Tomato Hummus with Snow Peas
- Spaghetti with a Twist
- Spicy Chicken and Snow Peas
- Asian Beef with Snow Peas
- Videos by the Minamalist Mark Bittman, Fried Rice by the owner of startcooking.com Kathy Maister and others, and much, much more!
- Click here to see what my friend Liliana from My Cookbook Addiction made with her snow peas. Her photo is so luscious and lifelike, you'll want to eat it right off the screen!
Don't miss my first article on 10 Meal Salads. With links to recipes like:
- Grilled Scallops over Mixed Greens and Herb Salad
- Salad Nicoise
- Grilled Steak Salad
- Chicken Caesar Salad
- Cobb Salad
- Taco Salad
- And my very own, Red Bliss Potato Salad. Some cold, others can be made ahead like the 7 Layer Salad. Lots more salads too, and just in time for the summer season!
There's always something new and exciting going on at startcooking.com. For example, Kathy just posted a step-by-step how-to on Fiddleheads! That's right! Everything you never knew about Fiddleheads and ways to prepare them!
Take a look around and tell me what you think. And please leave a comment at the end of the How to Cook With Snow Peas article. They'll love that and it'll make me look real good too!
(photos of snow peas by amarelo and kris b from sxc.)